Simply plug your created USB drive into an open USB port on your Mac. Power on the system, or restart it if it’s already on. Immediately press and hold the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard when it starts booting. You should now see an option to select your USB drive as a startup disk.
In this regard, how do I restore my macbook pro to factory settings from USB?
- Attach your USB flash drive to your Mac.
- Open Disk Utility.
- Select the volume (under External) in the sidebar.
- Click Erase.
- Make sure it says “Untitled” in the Name field.
- Open Terminal.
Frequent question, how do I reinstall Mac OS from USB?
Furthermore, how do I force my Macbook Pro to boot from USB? Press and hold the “Option” key when you hear the startup sounds—this will bring you to the Startup Manager. Once the Startup Manager appears, you can release the Option key. Startup Manager will then start scanning your device for drives it can boot from, including your USB.
Amazingly, how do I restore my Macbook Pro to its original operating system?
- Start up your Mac pressing Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R.
- Once you see the macOS Utilities screen choose the Reinstall macOS option.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select your startup disk and click Install.
- Your Mac will restart once the installation is complete.
- Download macOS High Sierra from the App Store.
- When it’s finished, the installer will launch.
- Plug in the USB stick and launch Disk Utilities.
- Click the Erase tab and make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in the format tab.
- Give the USB stick a name, then click Erase.
- 1 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 2 How do I boot my Mac from USB?
- 3 How can I tell if my USB is bootable?
- 4 Can you install macOS from USB?
- 5 How do I force my Mac to mount an external hard drive?
- 6 How do I reinstall my Mac startup disk?
- 7 Can I boot my IMAC from an external SSD?
- 8 How long does MacBook Pro Internet recovery take?
- 9 How do I reset my Mac computer?
- 10 How do I bypass Internet Recovery on Mac?
- 11 How do I reinstall OSX High Sierra?
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I boot my Mac from USB?
- Insert the USB boot media into an open USB slot.
- Press the Power button to turn on your Mac (or Restart your Mac if it’s already on).
- When you hear the startup chime, press and hold the Option key.
How can I tell if my USB is bootable?
Look in the menu bar. If it says “Bootable,” that ISO will be bootable once it’s burned to a CD or USB drive. If it doesn’t say bootable, it obviously won’t work to create bootable media.
Can you install macOS from USB?
Using an external drive, you can install or reinstall the Mac operating system on a supported device. … To install macOS on these computers, you’ll need a flash drive that supports USB-C or a USB hub or adapter. The file or drive must support Mac OS Extended and have at least 14GB of available storage.
How do I force my Mac to mount an external hard drive?
How do I reinstall my Mac startup disk?
Restart your Mac, and press Command + R, while it’s restarting. Select Disk Utility from the macOS Utilities menu. Once Disk Utility has loaded, choose the disk you wish to repair – the default name for your system partition is generally “Macintosh HD”, and choose ‘Repair Disk’.
Can I boot my IMAC from an external SSD?
Yes, you can boot from an external SSD on a PC or Mac computer. Depending on the model, Macs in particular can be difficult to upgrade. Older iMacs or Mac Mini systems likely came with a hard disk drive — which are much slower than SSDs — or a low-capacity SSD.
How long does MacBook Pro Internet recovery take?
5) After your Mac has connected to the Wi-Fi network, it’ll download a recovery system image from Apple’s servers and start from it, giving you access to the recovery tools. Depending on your Internet connection, this may take anywhere from a couple of minutes to up to an hour, or longer.
How do I reset my Mac computer?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I bypass Internet Recovery on Mac?
Answer: A: Restart the computer holding down the command – option/alt – P – R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. Try a SMC reset.
How do I reinstall OSX High Sierra?
- Back up the Mac before beginning.
- Reboot the Mac and hold down COMMAND + R keys concurrently right after you hear the boot sound, this will boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
- At the “macOS Utilities” screen choose “Reinstall macOS”