Correspondingly, how do I reset my MacBook pro late 2011? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
People ask also, can you restore a 2011 MacBook Pro? For a MacBook Pro 2011 this would either be macOS 10.6 or 10.7. To boot into internet recovery mode, power on the machine while holding Option + Command + R. Note that you will be prompted to connect to an internet connection before you are able to enter internet recovery mode.
Beside above, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Also know, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
- 1 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 without password?
- 2 How do I erase my MacBook Pro 2011 to sell?
- 3 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
- 4 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 5 How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
- 6 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 without CD?
- 7 How do I do a factory reset?
- 8 How do I reset my MacBook pro without password?
- 9 How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- 10 How do I reset my password on my Macbook Pro 2011?
- 11 How do I remove old Apple ID from MacBook?
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 without password?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I erase my MacBook Pro 2011 to sell?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 without CD?
- Restart your computer and hold down “Command-R” as your Mac boots up.
- Click on “Disk Utility” and select your computer’s hard drive from the sidebar.
- Select the “Erase” tab and click on Erase” to remove all of your personal data from the computer.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I reset my MacBook pro without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- Restart your Mac.
- Immediately hold down Command-R.
- Release them as soon as you see the Apple logo.
How do I reset my password on my Macbook Pro 2011?
Go to Utilities->Terminal menu. Type resetpassword, a reset password window will apear. Follow the instructions.”
How do I remove old Apple ID from MacBook?
- On your Mac, open the Apple Music app. Or on your PC, open iTunes for Windows.
- From the menu bar, choose Account > View My Account. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Manage Devices.
- If you want to remove a device, click Remove.