- Restart your computer, and immediately hold down command-r until the gray Apple logo appears.
- If prompted, select your main language and then click the arrow.
- Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue.
Also, how do I restore my Mac OS X El Capitan to factory settings? Press and Hold the Command + R keys at the same time and Turn your Macbook on while holding down the Command + R keys. Step 03. Release all keys when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Amazingly, how do I restore my Macbook Pro to its original operating system?
- Start up your Mac pressing Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R.
- Once you see the macOS Utilities screen choose the Reinstall macOS option.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select your startup disk and click Install.
- Your Mac will restart once the installation is complete.
Additionally, how do I restore my macbook to factory?
Quick Answer, how do I do a clean install of Macbook Pro El Capitan?
- Restart the Mac from the bootable installer while holding down the Option key. Select the installer on the USB drive and press Return.
- If installing to startup drive, select Disk Utility > Continue. Select the drive and choose Erase.
- Confirm Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) is selected.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
Is my Mac too old to update?
Apple said that would run happily on a late 2009 or later MacBook or iMac, or a 2010 or later MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Mac Pro. … This means that if your Mac is older than 2012 it won’t officially be able to run Catalina or Mojave.
How do I install the latest version of OSX on an old MacBook?
Restart your Mac while holding Option/Alt (depending on when it was made) to access Startup Manager. Select the bootable installer and click Enter. Your Mac should then open in Recovery mode. Click Reinstall macOS and wait for macOS Catalina to be installed on your machine.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro with USB?
Can I upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra?
If you have macOS Sierra (the current macOS version), you can upgrade straight to High Sierra without doing any other software installations. If you are running Lion (version 10.7. 5), Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, or El Capitan, you can upgrade directly from one of those versions to Sierra.
How do I bypass Internet Recovery on Mac?
Answer: A: Restart the computer holding down the command – option/alt – P – R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. Try a SMC reset.