- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Subsequently, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2013? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Also know, how do I completely reset my MacBook pro to factory settings? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also, how do I erase everything on my Mac and start over?
You asked, how do I wipe my 2013 IMAC? Run the Disk Utility in the Utilities window by clicking it. Click Macintosh HD, then click Erase to erase the data on your hard drive. Click Quit Disk Utility when the erase success message appears.
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
- 1 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 2 How do you delete everything off a Mac?
- 3 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
- 5 How do you delete on a MacBook Pro?
- 6 How do I restore my IMAC to factory settings without CD?
- 7 How do I restore my old iMac to factory settings?
- 8 How do I reset my second hand iMac?
- 9 How do I reset my iMac 2012 to factory settings?
- 10 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 11 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do you delete everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
How do you delete on a MacBook Pro?
Delete an item from your Mac or iCloud Drive On your Mac, drag the item to the Trash in the Dock or select the item, then press Command-Delete.
How do I restore my IMAC to factory settings without CD?
How do I restore my old iMac to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I reset my second hand iMac?
How do I reset my iMac 2012 to factory settings?
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.