- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Best answer for this question, how do I securely wipe my Mac before selling it? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Amazingly, how do I completely wipe my Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
People ask also, how do I factory reset my Mac without a password? First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
Quick Answer, how do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015? To do this, press and hold Command+R when restarting your MacBook Air or switching it on, holding both keys until you see the Apple logo. After the Apple logo appears and it’s finished starting up, you are shown the Utilities window. It’s here that you can erase your hard disk and perform the reset.
- 1 How do I do a factory reset?
- 2 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 3 How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- 4 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2009 to factory settings without CD?
- 5 How do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air?
- 6 How do I reformat MacBook Pro?
- 7 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- 8 How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
- 9 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 10 Does factory Reset remove all data?
- 11 How do you force a factory Reset on Android?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2009 to factory settings without CD?
How do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air?
Restart a MacBook Air from the keyboard: Hold Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor. Force restart a MacBook Air: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + the power/eject/Touch ID button.
How do I reformat MacBook Pro?
- Restart your computer.
- Hold the “Command” and R keys down for a few seconds until the “Utilities” window appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the “Utilities” window.
- Click on “Continue.”
- Choose the startup disk that you want to use (It’s usually labeled as Macintosh HD).
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
Restart your iMac by clicking the Apple menu, then select Restart…. Click the Restart button when the dialog box appears. After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
Does factory Reset remove all data?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do you force a factory Reset on Android?
- Make sure de device is plugged in or has enough battery to go through the reset process.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select System.
- Expand the menu by hitting Advanced.
- Go into Reset options.
- Hit Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap on Erase all data.
- Enter your PIN if prompted.