Type the following into the Terminal: diskutil list. Press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard. The Terminal will now display a list of all your drives and partitions. If this list doesn’t contain either Apple_Boot Recovery HD or APFS Volume Recovery, then your Mac doesn’t have a recovery partition.
Best answer for this question, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro using terminal?
- Restart your Mac.
- Hold down the Command + R keys as the Mac begins to restart.
- Choose Utilities and Terminal from the macOS Utilities window.
- Type: xartutil –erase-all and press Return.
- Type yes and press Return once more.
- Choose Terminal and click Quit.
Subsequently, how do I completely restore my MacBook pro? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Frequent question, how do I completely restore my Mac? Open the Apple menu and select Shut Down or hold down the power button and select Shut Down from the pop-up menu. Hold down the power button to turn the Mac on again and hold for several seconds until you see “Loading startup options.” Select Options from the startup screen to enter macOS Recovery.
Additionally, what do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX? First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
- 1 Can I reinstall macOS without Apple ID?
- 2 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
- 3 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 4 How do you reset your computer to factory?
- 5 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 6 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 7 How do I reset my MacBook pro without losing data?
- 8 Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
- 9 How do I reset my Apple computer without a password?
- 10 How do I access Disk Utility on Mac?
- 11 How do I reinstall OSX if disk is locked?
Can I reinstall macOS without Apple ID?
What to do? Fortunately, you don’t need an Apple ID to update macOS software. … Third-party software purchased through the App Store requires the Apple ID logged in for the person who bought it in order to re-download it, but you may be able to install and launch updates without that login.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do you reset your computer to factory?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I reset my MacBook pro without losing data?
Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook’s utility window hasn’t opened. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase. Step 5: Wait till the MacBook is completely reset and then go back to the Disk Utility’s main window.
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
2 Answers. Reinstalling macOS from the recovery menu does not erase your data. However, if there is a corruption issue, your data may be corrupted as well, its really hard to tell. … Reinatalling the os alone does not erase data.
How do I reset my Apple computer without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I access Disk Utility on Mac?
- Click on the Finder Icon from the dock.
- Locate and click to open Applications within the left pane of the Finder window.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Applications window to locate and click to and open Utilities.
- Locate and click to open Disk Utility.
How do I reinstall OSX if disk is locked?
- Power it down.
- Hold down Option-Command-R while powering on; you can let go once you see the progress bar.
- When the recovery window opens, go to Disk Utility.
- Choose Erase.
- Exit disk utility, then reinstall High Sierra.