- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
People ask also, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Also know, what happens if I reset my MacBook pro to factory settings? Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.
Likewise, how do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
Also, how do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
- 1 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 2 How do you delete everything off a Mac?
- 3 How do I wipe my Mac clean and start over?
- 4 What does a factory reset erase?
- 5 Does factory reset remove all data?
- 6 How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- 7 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 8 How long does it take to reset a MacBook pro to factory settings?
- 9 How do I factory reset my 2009 iMac?
- 10 How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
- 11 Will Internet Recovery wipe my Mac?
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do you delete everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I wipe my Mac clean and start over?
What does a factory reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
Does factory reset remove all data?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How long does it take to reset a MacBook pro to factory settings?
I’d estimate anywhere from 1 to 5 hours would be the norm but it’s possible for it to take up to 12 hours. Make sure you erase everything securely before selling it so the buyer can’t recover your saved passwords.
How do I factory reset my 2009 iMac?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
Will Internet Recovery wipe my Mac?
No, doing an Internet Recovery will not erase your hard drive (unless you explicitly choose do to that using Disk Utility ). It will only reinstall the OS for you.