Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Quick Answer, how do I restore my Mac to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
As many you asked, how do I restore my MacBook Pro without losing everything? Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook’s utility window hasn’t opened. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase. Step 5: Wait till the MacBook is completely reset and then go back to the Disk Utility’s main window.
Amazingly, how do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
People ask also, how do I wipe my Mac clean and start over? Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.
- 1 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 2 Will I lose everything if I reinstall macOS?
- 3 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 4 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 5 Does factory Reset remove all data?
- 6 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- 7 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 8 How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- 9 Is it better to sleep or shut down Mac?
- 10 What happens if I restore macOS?
- 11 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
Will I lose everything if I reinstall macOS?
2 Answers. Reinstalling macOS from the recovery menu does not erase your data. However, if there is a corruption issue, your data may be corrupted as well, its really hard to tell. … Reinatalling the os alone does not erase data.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
Does factory Reset remove all data?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option on macOS High Sierra or later. On macOS Sierra or earlier, choose the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option.
- Click Erase.
Is it better to sleep or shut down Mac?
When put to sleep your Mac will use a reduced amount of energy and can be ‘woken’ a lot quicker than the time it takes to power up a Mac that’s been turned off. … A good rule of thumb is that if you’re only going to be away from your Mac for an hour or two or even overnight, letting it sleep is probably the best method.
What happens if I restore macOS?
When you install macOS from Recovery, you get the current version of the most recently installed macOS, with some exceptions: On an Intel-based Mac: If you use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup, you’re offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!