You need to put your MacBook ($498 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.
Amazingly, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
Subsequently, how do I restore MacBook pro to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Correspondingly, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Moreover, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings? As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
- 1 How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
- 2 How do you restore a Mac?
- 3 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011?
- 4 Can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password?
- 5 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2013?
- 6 How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 7 What does a factory reset erase?
- 8 Does factory reset delete all data?
- 9 Does a factory reset delete everything Samsung?
- 10 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- 11 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do you restore a Mac?
Open the Apple menu and select Shut Down or hold down the power button and select Shut Down from the pop-up menu. Hold down the power button to turn the Mac on again and hold for several seconds until you see “Loading startup options.” Select Options from the startup screen to enter macOS Recovery.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011?
To boot into internet recovery mode, power on the machine while holding Option + Command + R. Note that you will be prompted to connect to an internet connection before you are able to enter internet recovery mode.
Can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password?
Wipe the contents of your Mac. … First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2013?
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010?
- In the menu bar, choose Apple menu > Restart.
- Select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- Select your startup disk on the left, then click the Erase tab.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, then click Erase.
- After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
What does a factory reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
Does factory reset delete all data?
However, a security firm has determined returning Android devices to factory settings doesn’t actually wipe them clean. … Here are the step you need to take to protect your data.
Does a factory reset delete everything Samsung?
A standard Samsung Galaxy factory reset does not erase all data from your phone. Rather, it encrypts data and “hides” it from the operating system. Savvy hackers and even free Android recovery software can discover and unencrypt your master token, which is used to unlock your data.
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.