- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
Best answer for this question, how do I change my Wi-Fi on HomePod? Tap and hold or 3D Touch the HomePod icon for the specific HomePod you’re having issues with. At the top a message will appear that says “This HomePod is on a different Wi-Fi network than this iPhone. Move HomePod to ‘(Wi-Fi name)’”. Give it a few seconds and HomePod will automatically connect to the new Wi-Fi network.
Subsequently, how do I connect my Wi-Fi to HomePod?
- On your iPhone or iPad, connect to the 802.1X Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Home app.
- Press and hold HomePod, then tap Settings.
- Tap “Move HomePod to [network name]”.
- Tap Done after your HomePod connects to the new network.
Quick Answer, how do I find out which Wi-Fi is on my iPhone? Open the Keychain Access app desribed above. On the left, in the Keychains box, click “iCloud“. In the main display, click on “Kind” to sort all entries by kind. All the wifi networks will now be listed together with the kind “AirPort network password”.
Also know, how do I connect my HomePod to my new phone? From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Does HomePod use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
HomePod is not a conventional Bluetooth speaker. You must have a working Wi-Fi connection in order to set up HomePod. Once suitably configured it is possible to use HomePod for peer to peer AirPlay when a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet isn’t available. See Allow others to control audio on HomePod and allow access for.
Why is my HomePod not connecting to Wi-Fi?
If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. … If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network.
How do you check WiFi history?
- Open the browser.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the “Settings” button.
- Log in to your router by typing 192.168.
- Locate the administration page and look for a section named Logs.
- Click “Enable” if the feature is not activated.
- Access the logs by clicking “Logs” on the Logs page.
How do I check my WiFi history on my router?
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Click Enter or tap Search.
- Enter the router user name and password.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Logs.
- To refresh the log page, click the Refresh button.
How do I clear my WiFi history on iPhone?
How do I put my HomePod Mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my phone?
- Step 1: Download the CloudPlayer app. Android phones can stream to HomePods, but they need a little help first.
- Step 2: Find the music you want to listen to on the app.
- Step 3: Cast the music to your HomePod.
- Step 4: Close the app when you are through.
How do I listen to HomePod without WiFi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad that is associated with the HomePod.
- Don’t tap on the HomePod icon, instead tap on the little house icon in the top left above where it says My Home.
- Now scroll down to where it says Allow Speaker Access and tap on it.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Is the HomePod always listening?
Aside from iOS devices, Hey Siri always listens for questions and commands on the HomePod and HomePod mini smart speakers. … Those parties later reported hearing a wide range of personal and private interactions from Apple customers, even when users did not use the “Hey Siri” keyphrase.