- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Similarly, why is my Gmail not syncing between iPhone and Mac? Enable IMAP: If IMAP is turned off, it won’t sync. Wrong Settings: Wrong settings may interfere with the syncing process. Outdated App: Outdated apps may fail to work efficiently and hence may lead to sync issues. So, update the app to solve the issue.
Additionally, how do I sync my iPhone email with my macbook air? On your Mac, System prefs > iCloud – Mail to On. On your iPhone, Settings > iCloud – Mail to On. This will sync all accounts in the Mail app on your Mac to the iPhone.
Correspondingly, how do I sync my Gmail with my macbook air?
Beside above, why are my emails not syncing on my Mac? Make sure your Mail app is up to date. If you use other Microsoft apps on your Mac, check for updates and ensure they’re up to date as well. Restart your Mac and check if the sync issue persists. … If this is only a bug in the iOS or macOS update package, restarting all of your devices could fix the problem.
Why is my iPhone email not syncing with my computer?
It sounds like your mail is not syncing when making changes from your laptop to your iPhone. I’d recommend checking Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data. From there, you can see if your email accounts are set to Push, Fetch, or Manual. You can also change how often the device will fetch data.
Why is my Gmail not syncing between devices?
Check the Gmail Sync settings When Gmail is not syncing across devices, you need to check the sync settings in the Gmail app and ensure you’ve turned it on. Naturally, this should be on by default, but anything can happen. You might have turned it off unknowingly. Or maybe an unknown bug in the app turned it off.
What do I do when my Gmail is not syncing?
- Step 1: Update your Gmail app. To get the latest fixes on problems with sending or receiving mail, update your Gmail app.
- Step 2: Restart your device.
- Step 3: Check your settings.
- Step 4: Clear your storage.
- Step 5: Check your password.
- Step 6: Clear your Gmail information.
Why is my mail not syncing?
Ensure Automatic Email Sync Is Enabled You can check if this is why your emails aren’t syncing by enabling the auto-sync option in your email app. The app should then automatically look for new emails and let you know when a new message arrives. You can enable auto-sync from the settings menu of your email app.
How do I sync my iPhone to my MacBook Air 2020?
- Connect your device to your Mac.
- In the Finder on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
- Select a type of content you want to sync in the button bar.
- Select the “Sync [content type] onto [device name]” checkbox to turn on syncing for that type of item.
How do I connect my iPhone to my MacBook air?
- Click the Apple menu icon → System Preferences → BlueTooth → Turn On BlueTooth.
- Select your iPhone → Connect.
Why does my iPhone not sync with my Mac?
Make sure that the date and time settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC are correct. Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders* in your iCloud settings. Check your Internet connection.
How do I sync my Gmail to my Macbook?
- Open Apple Mail on your computer.
- Click Mail.
- Select the Google option, then click Continue:
- If prompted, click Open Safari to let Google to finish authentication:
- Enter your Google Workspace Gmail email address in the Google Sign in window and click Next:
How do I sync my Gmail with my Mac?
Open the Mail app and go to Mail > Add Account. Select Google > Continue, then click Open Browser for Google authentication. Next, enter your Gmail address and password, then click Allow to grant Google permissions. Select the apps to sync, then click Done.
Is there a Gmail app for Macbook Air?
Just to make this as complicated as possible, you can use the Apple Mail app to read and write emails with your Gmail account. However, Apple Mail isn’t great at it and there is no official Gmail app for Mac. If you’d be happy just using Gmail online in your browser, though, its filters or rules are tempting.
How do I get my email to sync on all devices?
If you want to keep your mailbox in sync across multiple devices, choose the IMAP method. Compared with POP, IMAP is a newer technology for managing messages and handles checking the same mail account on multiple devices much more smoothly.