The best way to restore your Mac to its factory settings is to erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS. After macOS installation has been completed, the Mac will restart and display a setup assistant asking you to choose a country or region. To leave the Mac in an out-of-box state, don’t continue the setup process.
Also, how do I restore my Mac to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Best answer for this question, how do I wipe my IMAC and start over?
- Restart Your Mac. First, restart your computer.
- Open in Recovery Mode. Once the computer turns off, hold Command + R until the Apple logo appears.
- Erase Your Data.
- Reinstall MacOS.
- Restore From Backup.
- What’s New in macOS Big Sur.
Furthermore, how do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
People ask also, will a factory reset remove viruses Mac? If your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android smartphone becomes infected by a virus, a factory reset is one way of potentially removing it. However, a factory reset should always be approached with caution. You will lose all your data. … It does remove viruses and malware, but not in 100% of cases.First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
- 1 How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
- 2 How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
- 3 What is the difference between hard Reset and factory Reset?
- 4 What are the disadvantages of factory Reset?
- 5 Does restore factory settings delete everything?
- 6 How do you get a virus off a Mac?
- 7 How do I get rid of malware on my Mac computer?
- 8 What does a factory reset do?
- 9 How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- 10 How do I delete an admin account on my Mac?
- 11 What happens if I factory reset my Mac?
How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
Restart your iMac by clicking the Apple menu, then select Restart…. Click the Restart button when the dialog box appears. After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time.
How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
What is the difference between hard Reset and factory Reset?
The two terms factory and hard reset are associated with settings. A factory reset relates to the rebooting of the entire system, while hard resets relates to the resetting of any hardware in the system.
What are the disadvantages of factory Reset?
But if we reset our device because we noticed that its snappiness has slowed down, the biggest drawback is the loss of data, so it is essential to backup all your data, contacts, photos, videos, files, music, before resetting.
Does restore factory settings delete everything?
When you do a factory reset on your Android device, it erases all the data on your device. It is similar to the concept of formatting a computer hard drive, which deletes all the pointers to your data, so the computer no longer knows where the data is stored.
How do you get a virus off a Mac?
- Disconnect your Mac from the Internet by switching off the Wi-Fi toggle.
- That’s what you see when you boot in the Safe Mode.
- Open the Activity Monitor and check for suspicious activity in the Processes area.
- Access your Chrome extensions to delete the suspicious ones.
How do I get rid of malware on my Mac computer?
- Step 1: Disconnect from the internet.
- Step 2: Enter safe mode.
- Step 3: Check your activity monitor for malicious applications.
- Step 4: Run a malware scanner.
- Step 5: Verify your browser’s homepage.
- Step 6: Clear your cache.
What does a factory reset do?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account. Learn how to back up your data.
How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
How do I delete an admin account on my Mac?
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left.
- Select the padlock icon.
- Enter your password.
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom.
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
What happens if I factory reset my Mac?
Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.