Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Additionally, how do I return my Imac to factory settings? To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
Correspondingly, how do I wipe my IMAC and start over?
- Restart Your Mac. First, restart your computer.
- Open in Recovery Mode. Once the computer turns off, hold Command + R until the Apple logo appears.
- Erase Your Data.
- Reinstall MacOS.
- Restore From Backup.
- What’s New in macOS Big Sur.
In this regard, how do you clear everything off a Mac?
Similarly, how do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
- 1 How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
- 2 How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
- 3 How do I permanently erase my Mac hard drive?
- 4 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 5 How do I remove previous owners from my iMac?
- 6 What is the difference between hard reset and factory reset?
- 7 What does a factory reset erase?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of factory reset?
- 9 How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- 10 How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- 11 What happens if I factory reset my Mac?
How do I factory reset my iMac 2011?
Restart your iMac by clicking the Apple menu, then select Restart…. Click the Restart button when the dialog box appears. After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time.
How do I restore my iMac to factory settings without CD?
How do I permanently erase my Mac hard drive?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I remove previous owners from my iMac?
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, click the Accounts icon, click the Lock icon, and enter your password.
- Select Logout from the Apple menu.
- On your new computer, triple-check that all the files for all accounts on the old machine have been transferred.
What is the difference between hard reset and factory reset?
The two terms factory and hard reset are associated with settings. A factory reset relates to the rebooting of the entire system, while hard resets relates to the resetting of any hardware in the system.
What does a factory reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
What are the disadvantages of factory reset?
But if we reset our device because we noticed that its snappiness has slowed down, the biggest drawback is the loss of data, so it is essential to backup all your data, contacts, photos, videos, files, music, before resetting.
How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password
What happens if I factory reset my Mac?
Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.