- Open the Apple menu by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Notifications” icon.
- In the menu on the left side left side, you will see a list of apps.
- Under “Message alert style,” click “None.”
Also know, how do I turn off iMessage notifications on Macbook?
- In the Messages app on your Mac, select a conversation.
- Click the Details button in the top-right corner, then select Hide Alerts to stop notifications; to get message notifications again, deselect Hide Alerts.
In this regard, how do I turn off iMessage sounds on Macbook Air? To mute text and iMessage notification sounds on your Mac, go to System Preferences > Notifications > Messages. Then uncheck the option to Play sound for notifications.
You asked, how do I stop my text Messages from showing up on my macbook air? Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Choose the Notifications pane. Click on Messages in the left hand sidebar. Click ‘None’ and uncheck all the tick boxes.
Subsequently, how do I stop my iPhone Messages from appearing on my Mac?
- Open up Settings > Messages.
- Set the iMessage toggle to off.
- You may also want to disable Text Message Forwarding, which sends regular non-iMessage SMS messages from your phone to Messages on your Mac or iPad.
GO to System Preferences > Notifications and turn all the ones that are On for Messages to the Off position. Close the System Preferences app. Restart the Messages app. The reset the Notifications for Messages back to the On position.
- 1 How do I unlink my iMessage from my Mac?
- 2 How do I turn off iMessage sounds?
- 3 How do I turn off the sound when I send a text?
- 4 How do I change my message settings on my macbook air?
- 5 How do I block messages on my Macbook?
- 6 How do I stop Imessages syncing between iPhone and Mac?
- 7 Why are my texts showing up on my Mac?
- 8 How do I get notifications on my macbook air?
- 9 How do I reset iMessage on my Mac?
- 10 What happens if you turn iMessage off?
- 11 How do I Unsync my iPhone from my MacBook air?
To do this, click Messages > Preferences from the menu bar at the top of your Mac’s screen. In the Messages Preferences menu that appears, click the “iMessage” tab. To completely disable the Messages app, click the “Sign Out” button next to your Apple ID under the “Settings” tab.
How do I turn off iMessage sounds?
- Tap the “Settings” app.
- Select the “Sounds” option.
- Choose the “Text Tone” setting and tap “None.”
- Set the “Vibration” option to “None” if you want to disable the vibrate feature as well. You can also select a different vibration pattern, if desired.
How do I turn off the sound when I send a text?
- Open “Sounds & Haptics” in the Settings app.
- Tap “Text Tone” to open the interface for changing the messaging sounds.
- Choose “None” from the top of the list. This will not disable vibrations, but it will disable the sound for all contacts.
How do I change my message settings on my macbook air?
In the Messages app on your Mac, use General preferences to change general options for using Messages. To change these preferences, choose Messages > Preferences, then click General.
How do I block messages on my Macbook?
- Open Messages.
- Click Buddies > Create New Contact from the menu bar.
- Fill in a detail just to add them to your list and recognize them.
- Open click Message > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Select the Blocked tab.
- Click the plus sign on the bottom.
How do I stop Imessages syncing between iPhone and Mac?
- Open the Messages application. Access your preferences by going to the menubar and clicking.
- Under the “Accounts” tab, you will see all the accounts you’ve set up to use with Messages, including iCloud.
- Unchecking these will disable the ability of Messages.
Why are my texts showing up on my Mac?
When “Enable Messages in iCloud” is turned on, all your texts appear on all your devices automatically. … However, if you want to make sure you’re seeing the most up-to-date messages on your Mac—for example, if you just switched to a new Mac—you can click Sync Now.
How do I get notifications on my macbook air?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications. Select an app in the left column. To change the notification style, select Banners or Alerts. Or select None.
How do I reset iMessage on my Mac?
On a Mac, launch the Messages app and select Preferences in the app menu at the top-left of the screen. Go to the iMessage tab, and under your Apple ID, uncheck Enable this account. Reboot, then turn it back on. To be extra thorough, you may want to do this for every device you use with iMessage.
What happens if you turn iMessage off?
Turning Off iMessage Turning off the iMessage slider on your iPhone will stop iMessages from being delivered to your iPhone. … Therefore, when other iPhone users send a message to you, it is sent as an iMessage to your Apple ID. But, since the slider is turned off, the message is not delivered to your iPhone.
How do I Unsync my iPhone from my MacBook air?
On a Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > General > Select or deselect “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices”. On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch: Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff > Turn on/off Handoff.