Released in 2002, Apple’s iMac G4 was certainly a unique machine. Even today, its hemispherical case and integrated “gooseneck” display is unlike anything else on the market. … Rather than being little more than a display piece, this Intel NUC powered iMac is now able to run the latest version of Mac OS.
Considering this, what can I do with iMac G4?
Best answer for this question, how do I reset my Power Mac G4?
- Shut down the computer, and UNPLUG the power cable.
- Locate the small button on the motherboard labeled “PMU RESET”.
- Press the PMU RESET button for LESS THAN ONE SECOND.
- Leave the computer UNPLUGGED for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the computer in and reboot.
In this regard, how much is a Power Mac G4 worth? A G4 Cube or PowerMac G5 can go for $250. If you have an working Mac 128k you can probably get $1000 on eBay. For a Mac Plus in a carry bag, don’t expect more than $100. If you have the original packaging that can increase the value.
Amazingly, can you upgrade an iMac G4? How do you upgrade the RAM in the iMac G4 models? … Apple provides instructions to upgrade the memory in the bottom slot for both the original and Spring 2003 models — which have 700 MHz or 800 MHz processors — as well as the 17-Inch 1 GHz and USB 2.0 models — which have 1 GHz or 1.25 GHz processors.
- 1 How do I restore my Powerbook g4 to factory settings without CD?
- 2 How do I factory reset my iMac G5 without CD?
- 3 How do I reset my iMac early 2008?
- 4 What were the colored Macs called?
- 5 How much is a 2002 iMac G4?
- 6 Does iMac G4 have Bluetooth?
- 7 How do I wipe my iBook g4?
- 8 How do I restore my Mac computer to factory settings?
- 9 What is Command key on Mac?
- 10 How do I wipe my old iMac?
- 11 How do I reset my iMac to factory settings without password?
How do I restore my Powerbook g4 to factory settings without CD?
- hold down the apple key and the “S” key.
- Type the command “/sbin/fsck -y” then enter.
- Type the command “/sbin/mount -uaw” then enter.
- Type the command “rm /var/db/. applesetupdone” then enter.
- Enter reboot and Enjoy!!
How do I factory reset my iMac G5 without CD?
Restart the iMac and hold the “Command-R” keys while the computer reboots. Select and connect to a Wi-Fi network from the list if the iMac prompts you to do so. Choose the “Disk Utility” option from the list and click “Continue.”
How do I reset my iMac early 2008?
After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
What were the colored Macs called?
On Jan. 5, 1999, Apple’s Steve Jobs (interim CEO at the time) introduced five new colors of the iMac at MacWorld in San Francisco. The five new colors were fruit-themed: blueberry, grape, tangerine, lime and strawberry. “Collect all five?” One was definitely enough for the average computer user in the late ’90s.
How much is a 2002 iMac G4?
At launch in January 2002, the iMac G4 came in three flavors: a low-end model for $1299 that included a 700MHz G4 PowerPC processor, 128MB RAM, a 40GB hard drive, and a CD-RW drive; a mid-range model for $1499 that upped the RAM to 256 MB and included a CD-RW/DVD-ROM “Combo Drive”; and a high-end model for $1799 that …
Does iMac G4 have Bluetooth?
Apple reports that Bluetooth is: … Later iMac G4 models — those with 1.0 GHz and 1.25 GHz processors — support internal Bluetooth 1.1, but none had it installed by default. To add Bluetooth to iMac G4 models that do not support internal Bluetooth or do not have it installed, it is easy to use a USB Bluetooth dongle.
How do I wipe my iBook g4?
Power up the iBook, and press the “option” key. You will get a boot menu asking if you want to boot from your hard drive (usually called Macintosh HD) or from the DVD. Select the DVD. The DVD will have an option to format your drive erasing everything.
How do I restore my Mac computer to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
What is Command key on Mac?
The Command key is the most common modifier key in Mac OS X. Many menu items, such as Quit, Close, and Save, have a keystroke shortcut using the Command key. To use such a shortcut, hold down one of the Command keys and press the letter key for that item.
How do I wipe my old iMac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I reset my iMac to factory settings without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.