- Open the Messages app from your app menu bar (also called the dock).
- Sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone to send iMessages.
- On the upper menu bar, click “Messages” and select “Preferences.”
- Choose the “Accounts” tab.
- Tick the checkbox next to “Enable Messages on iCloud.”
Frequent question, how do I enable iMessage on my macbook air?
- Store your messages in iCloud: Select “Enable Messages in iCloud.” See Use Messages in iCloud.
- You can be reached for messages at: Select the email addresses or phone numbers that other people can use to send you messages.
Furthermore, why is iMessage not activating on Mac? Check Any Third-Party Networking or Security. If your Mac has any firewall, security, VPN, or other third-party networking software, verify that it isn’t blocking any of the network ports that iMessage and FaceTime use. Temporarily disable that software. Once disabled, try signing in to iMessage or FaceTime again.
Correspondingly, why is my iMessage not working on my macbook air? Turn it off, reboot your device, then turn it back on using the same method. On a Mac, launch the Messages app and select Preferences in the app menu at the top-left of the screen. Go to the iMessage tab, and under your Apple ID, uncheck Enable this account. Reboot, then turn it back on.
Quick Answer, how do I enable my iMessage?
- Ensure iMessage is enabled. Open Settings, scroll down, and tap Messages. Make sure the toggle for iMessage is green, and there is no message below it like iMessage waiting for activation.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages.
- Tap Text Message Forwarding.
- Enable your Mac in the list of devices.
- If you’re not using two-factor authentication, a six-digit activation code appears on your Mac; enter this code on your iPhone, then tap Allow.
Why does my iMessage won’t activate?
If iMessage hasn’t activated after 24 hours, your next best step is to reset your network settings. Do this by navigating to Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings. … If iMessage still won’t activate get in touch with Apple Support.
How do I enable iMessage on my iPhone 12?
How do I fix an inactive iMessage on my Mac?
goto messages menu – preferences – accounts – imessage: click on the details tab(just below the signout tab) signin to your apple id.. then the window will appear… at the bottom you can see location. select location as United states.. and save.. Restart the app and add back the Apple ID.
Can receive but not send iMessage on Mac?
Go to “Settings > Messages.” Turn on iMessage at the top of the page. Check to make sure the contact details in Send & Receive are correct. Go into Text Message Forwarding and turn on the option for your Mac.
Is iMessage automatically enabled?
Disable/enable iMessage Go to Settings and select Messages. In the settings for Messages, toggle the iMessage switch. You’ll need your iCloud account username and password. … Use with Androids: If you move from iPhone to Android devices, make sure to turn off iMessage.
How do I fix my iMessage activation error?
- Make Sure Airplane Mode Isn’t Turned On.
- Check Your Connection To Wi-Fi & Cellular Data.
- Set Your iPhone To The Correct Time Zone.
- Turn iMessage Off And Back On.
- Check For A Carrier Settings Update.
- Update Your iPhone.
- Sign Out Of Your Apple ID.
- Reset Network Settings.
Why is my number not working for iMessage?
You must have an active cellular plan on your device and be able to send and receive text messages. If you’re out of cellular coverage, do not have a cellular plan at all, or have SMS blocked on your account for some reason, you will not be able to use your phone number for iMessage or FaceTime, as Apple cannot help.
Why are my Messages not syncing between my iPhone and Mac?
On your Mac, open Messages and choose Messages > Preferences > iMessages. Make sure that both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID. Then, on your iPhone, go back one screen and check Text Message Forwarding to make sure your Mac has been selected. If it is, deselect your Mac and restart your iPhone.
How can I see my boyfriends text messages without him knowing?
Minspy’s Android spy app is a message interception app specially designed for Android phones. It can give you all the data that your boyfriend is hiding in his Android phone, without his knowledge.
How can I text from my MacBook air?
- Click the New Message button at the top of the Messages window.
- Type the recipient’s name, email address, or phone number, or click and choose a recipient.
- Type your message in the field at the bottom of the window, then press Return to send it.
Why won’t my iMessage and FaceTime activate?
Unlink Your Apple ID If the restarts didn’t fix things, it’s time to try signing out your Apple ID. Turn off iMessage or Facetime, then log out your Apple ID (from Settings – iTunes and App Store). Log back in again, then turn on iMessage or Facetime once again. This will start the activation process.