Enable Internet Sharing and Configure Your Hotspot Click the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and click the Sharing icon. Select the “Internet Sharing” option in the list. You’ll now need to select the Internet connection you want to share with the devices.
Likewise, how do I turn my Macbook into a hotspot?
- On your Mac, use the Wi-Fi status menu in the menu bar to choose the name of the iPhone or iPad providing your Personal Hotspot .
- On your iPad, iPod touch, or another iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then tap the name of the iPhone or iPad providing your Personal Hotspot .
Also, why won’t my Mac connect to my hotspot? If you still can’t connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth. … On your iOS or iPadOS devices, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on. On your Mac, click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar or click Bluetooth in Control Center, then turn Bluetooth off and back on.
People ask also, how do I connect my phone to my MacBook air? If your mobile phone isn’t already connected with your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Select your phone in the Devices list. If this device is new to your Mac, click Connect. If you have previously connected this device, double-click it to connect.
In this regard, where is the personal hotspot on iPhone 12?
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- Tap Name to change the name of your iPhone’s personal hotspot.
- Tap About > General > Settings to return to the main list of settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Tap the toggle switch to turn on Personal Hotspot.
- Tap Wi-Fi Password to change the Wi-Fi Password.
Why is hotspot connected but no Internet?
Head into Settings > Wi-Fi & network > SIM & network > (your-SIM) > Access Point Names on your phone. … You can also tap the + (plus) icon to add a new APN. Verify APN Settings on Android. That should most likely resolve your mobile hotspot connected but no Internet issue.
How can I turn my iPhone into a hotspot without paying?
Why is my laptop not connecting to hotspot?
Change Adapter Settings Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC. Press Win+I to open Settings and go to Network and Internet. … Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right-click and go to Properties. Open the Sharing tab and uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
How do I connect my hotspot to my computer?
To turn your Android phone into a hotspot, go to Settings, then Mobile Hotspot & Tethering. Tap on Mobile Hotspot to turn it on, set the name of your network and set a password. You connect a computer or tablet to your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot just as you would connect to any other Wi-Fi network.
How do I turn off hotspot on Mac?
- Then click on the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Now launch Finder and open up the Application folder.
- Right mouse click on Hotspot Shield and select “Move to Trash”
- Enter Activity Monitor in the search bar and launch the application.
How do I connect my Android phone to my macbook air?
- Download Android File Transfer to your computer.
- Remove the USB wall charger adapter from your phone charger, leaving just the USB charging cable.
- Connect your phone to your computer’s USB port via the charging cable.
- Open Mac Finder.
- Locate Android File Transfer on your list of drives.
How do I transfer files from my Android to my macbook air?
- Connect your phone to your Mac with the included USB cable.
- Download and install Android File Transfer.
- Click Get started.
- Navigate through the directory to find the files you want on your Mac.
- Find the exact file and drag it to the desktop or your preferred folder.
How do I mirror my Android to my macbook air?
Connect both devices using a USB cable and don’t forget to enable the USB debugging on your Android phone. You can also connect your Android to Mac wirelessly. Just launch the app on your phone, tap the Mirror button and choose the name of your Mac. Then click Start Now to mirror your Android phone to your Mac.
How do I turn on my iPhone 12?
How do I use hotspot on my iPhone 12?
On the device that you want to connect to, go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Personal Hotspot and make sure that it’s on. Then verify the Wi-Fi password and name of the phone. Stay on this screen until you’ve connected your other device to the Wi-Fi network.
Does iPhone 12 have a hotspot?
As noted by MacRumors contributor Steve Moser, and confirmed by Aaron Zollo, the iPhone 12 lineup introduces support for Personal Hotspot tethering over faster 5GHz Wi-Fi, compared to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on previous iPhones. Personal Hotspot over 5GHz Wi-Fi is enabled by default on all iPhone 12 models.