- Open the Finder, go to Applications and open the Utilities folder.
- Open the Terminal application.
- In the text box, type cd /Applications/ and select enter.
- To delete iTunes from this directory, type sudo rm -rf iTunes.
- You are prompted to input your administrator password to confirm.
Moreover, how do I uninstall iTunes on my macbook air?
- The application’s icon.
- Look in /Library/ folder for an iTunes folder and if you find one drag it to the Trash.
- Look in /Home/Library/ folder for an iTunes folder and drag it to the Trash.
Beside above, what happens if I uninstall iTunes and reinstall it? Your Music Your iTunes library is saved in a folder within your “Music” folder, and is unaffected when uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. Your playlists, library and other data are also saved so that upon reinstalling all of your playlist preferences should remain as they were.
Subsequently, will I lose my library if I uninstall and reinstall iTunes? All your music and playlists are stored in the iTunes library, which is in the My Music folder, and it is not modified when you uninstall iTunes, so you will not lose anything and you will keep the playlists and names of recordings. However, I recommend you to make a copy of the iTunes library onto another folder.
Also know, how do I uninstall iTunes from a Mac?
- Go to Finder > Applications.
- Select and drag iTunes.app to Trash.
- Ctrl-click on Trash and hit Empty Trash.
Reinstalling iTunes on Your Computer To reinstall iTunes, Mac or PC, back onto your computer, go to the iTunes download page at the Apple website and download the installer for the latest version of iTunes. Follow the instructions on the installer to complete the process and reinstall iTunes.
How do you free up space on iTunes on a Mac?
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space.
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash.
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
Can I delete and reinstall Apple music?
You can erase the iOS Music app, and that also erases the associated media files. (You can re-install it as new from the App Store, if you change your mind.) You can backup the music files on your notebook, to keep them safe.
What happens if you delete the Apple music app?
If you delete the Music app, you’ll be unable to play audio content in its library using Apple apps or third-party apps on some car stereos or stereo receivers.
What happens if I delete my iTunes App?
All replies Deleting the iTunes application won’t remove the contents of your iTunes library. It should be there just as you left it if you reinstall the application.
How do I delete my iTunes library and start over?
Delete songs and albums In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library. Click the item to select it, then press the Delete key. Click Delete [item].
Do I need to uninstall iTunes before installing new version?
If you see two versions, be sure to uninstall both. Don’t uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects. After you uninstall a component, you might be prompted to restart your computer.
How do I repair iTunes?
- Exit out of iTunes if it is currently running.
- Click “Start” from the bottom-left of the screen.
- Click “iTunes” from the list of programs.
- Click “Repair” from the top menu.
- Click “Repair” again to confirm the repair.
- Click “OK” when the repair is finished.
How do I completely remove iTunes?
- Via the Start menu, search for “Control Panel” and click on the app in the search results to open it.
- Under the “Programs” header, click “Uninstall a program.”
- Scroll down in the program list that appears and click once on iTunes to highlight it.
Why is iTunes not working on my Mac?
(If you don’t see iTunes Store in the sidebar, choose Music > Preferences, click General, make sure iTunes Store is selected, then click OK.) … If your computer still doesn’t connect, make sure your internet connection is working—open a web browser and visit a website.
Why wont iTunes work on my Mac?
Make sure the iTunes app is not running (even if it’s not launching the user interface, it may still be opening). If you see “iTunes” in the menu bar at the upper left when you try to open it, press Command+Q, or click iTunes > Quit iTunes. If you can’t do that, open Activity Monitor and look for it there.
Why won’t my iTunes work on my Mac?
Fix iTunes Won’t Open on Mac Go to the location “user/library/preferences/” and delete some of the unnecessary iTunes Preference files that might slow down your iTunes and even make it unable to open. If your Mac says iTunes is updating when you launch and you cannot open it, restart your Mac.