- Power off the router.
- Delete Caches.db.
- Empty Caches.
- Delete Cookies.
- Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
- Delete safari .
Also, can you reinstall Safari on Mac? Safari for Mac Safari is included with your Mac. … If you’ve deleted Safari and don’t have a backup, reinstall macOS to put Safari back in your Applications folder. Reinstalling macOS won’t remove data from your computer. Before reinstalling, you may want to use Spotlight to search for Safari.
Additionally, how do I uninstall Safari on my macbook air?
- Go to Finder.
- Navigate to the following directories, and delete all files containing the word ‘Safari‘ in their names: /Users/Your Name/Library/ /Users/Your Name/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/ /Users/Your Name/Library/Preferences.
- Drag Safari to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
Best answer for this question, how do I reset Safari on my Mac?
- Launch Safari.
- In the top toolbar, select “Safari” and then “Clear History.” You can clear your history right from the top toolbar. Devon Delfino/Business Insider.
- Select “All History” in the dropdown and then click “Clear History.”
Similarly, how do I repair Safari on my macbook air?
- Quit and relaunch Safari. Try pressing Cmd + Q to quit the app and open it back up.
- Fine-tune Safari preferences. Go to Safari > Preferences and navigate to the Security tab.
- Clear cache and manage extensions.
- Reset applications.
- Open the App Store. Click the Apple menu icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Go to the Updates tab.
- Find and activate the Safari update.
- App Store will now update Safari on macOS.
- Safari is now up to date.
How do I clear my browser on a Mac?
To uninstall the browser, drag the Google Chrome icon into the Trash icon in your Dock. Alternatively, right-click the icon and select Move to Trash.
How do I fix Safari on my Mac?
- Open the Safari browser as usual, then pull down the “Safari” menu and choose the “Reset Safari” option.
- At the “Reset Safari” screen, keep every checkbox checked for the best results, then choose “Reset”
How do you hide Safari on a Mac?
Step 2: Touch the Screen Time option from the settings chart. Step 3: In the Screen Time page, Tap the Content and Privacy Restrictions sub-setting. Step 4: Turn the Content and Privacy Restrictions toggle switch off. Step 5: Open Allowed Apps and switch off the toggle switch next to Safari.
Why Safari is not working on Mac?
Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Safari and macOS. To check for a Safari or a macOS update, choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates. See Keep your Mac up to date. … If the other suggestions don’t help, try reinstalling macOS.
What to do if Safari Cannot connect to server on Mac?
- Check Your WiFi Connection.
- Use Correct Webpage URL.
- Reload Your Page.
- Disable Content Blocker.
- Clear Safari Cache and Data.
- Disable Firewall and Antivirus.
- Change the DNS Settings.
- Reset Network Settings.
How do I restore Safari to original settings?
Open the iOS device’s Settings app. Scroll down and select Safari. Under Privacy & Security, select Clear History and Website Data. Select Clear History and Data to confirm.
How do I clear my cache on my MacBook air?
- Press shift-command-G with your Finder window open.
- Enter the following command into the search box: ~/Library/Caches.
- Click “Go.” This will bring you to the folder that contains all of your Mac’s cached files.
- Press command-A to select all folders.
- Click command-delete.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Is my Mac too old to update?
Apple said that would run happily on a late 2009 or later MacBook or iMac, or a 2010 or later MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Mac Pro. … This means that if your Mac is older than 2012 it won’t officially be able to run Catalina or Mojave.
Do I need to update Safari on my Mac?
Safari is the default browser on macOS, and while it’s not the only browser you can use on your Mac, it’s by far the most popular. However, like most software, in order to keep it running correctly, you must update it whenever there is an update available.
What happened to my Safari browser?
Check Settings>General>Restrictions, make sure Safari is set to On. If it is, then look on all your screens and inside all your folders as Sarari can’t be deleted. If you still can’t find it go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.