- Locate the app in the Finder.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Furthermore, how do I uninstall an application on a Macbook? Right-click on the icon and scroll down to the “Move to Trash” hyperlink. Click on it. Once the application is in the trash, move down to the trash bin in your toolbar.
Also, how do I completely uninstall a program on my macbook air?
- Exit the program you want to delete.
- Open the Applications folder, which you’ll find by opening a new window in the Finder (icon with a blue face), or clicking on the hard disk icon.
- Drag the icon of the program you want to uninstall to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
Amazingly, why can’t I uninstall apps on Mac? Simply click and hold an app icon until all the apps start to jiggle, then click the app’s Delete button (the circled X next to its icon). Note that if an app doesn’t have a Delete button, it can’t be uninstalled in Launchpad.
People ask also, how do u right click on a Macbook?
- Click with thumb while making contact with two fingers. This is how your intrepid blogger initiates a right click.
- Click with two fingers.
- Assign the bottom-right corner.
- Assign the bottom-left corner.
- Click the trackpad while holding down the Control key.
- Open Finder. From the Go menu, select Go to Folder
- A box will pop up. Type in ~/Library/Caches/ and then click Go.
- Your system, or library, caches will appear.
- Here you can open up each folder and delete unneeded cache files by dragging them to the Trash and then emptying it.
- To open Launchpad, click on F4 (the button that shows a grid of six squares).
- Locate the app you wish to remove.
- Press the Opton/Alt key.
- Now click on Delete to confirm you want to remove the program.
How do I delete on a Mac?
Why can’t I delete apps on my macbook air?
Mac Can’t Delete App Because It’s Open When you delete an app in Finder, one possible scenario is that there is a message on the screen reading ‘The item “app name” can’t be moved to the trash because it’s open. ‘ This occurs because the app is still processing in the background, and you haven’t closed it thoroughly.
How do I reset launchpad on Mac?
- Go to the Finder on your Mac.
- Hold down the Option key and click on the Go menu.
- Select Library.
- Open the Application Support folder.
- Click on the Dock folder.
- Delete all the files ending in “. db.”
- Empty the Trash on your Mac.
- Restart your Mac.
How do you left and right click on a Mac?
Hold the “control” button as you click. While the control button is held, you can use the left button — or the only button, as the case may be — on your mouse as a right-click, or you can tap on the trackpad.
How do u right click on a MacBook Air?
One way to right click on a Mac is to press the Ctrl (or Control) key when you tap the mouse button or the trackpad. Don’t confuse the Ctrl key with the Alt (or Option) key. The Ctrl key on a Mac is not the one next to the space bar, it’s at the far end of the keyboard, on either the right or left side.
How do you left click on a Mac?
When using Mouse Keys, you can perform a left click by pressing 5 on a numeric keypad or I on a keyboard. You can also set up alternative keys to perform a left click, as well as right click and double click actions.
Do I need to empty the cache on my Mac?
Clearing your Mac’s cached data deletes the temporary media files, such as images and text files, that it gathers from sites you visit. It’s important to clear your cache periodically to help protect your identity and make your computer’s applications run more efficiently.
What does Clear Cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
How do I empty the cache on my computer?
- Go to Settings and choose Apps or Application Manager.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- In the list of installed apps, find and tap your web browser. Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache.
- Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
How do I remove unwanted files from my Mac?
Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Storage, then click Manage. Click a category in the sidebar: Applications, Music, TV, Messages, and Books: These categories list files individually. To delete an item, select the file, then click Delete.