- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select VLC from the list of apps.
- Click the Remove button and confirm the VLC uninstallation.
People ask also, how do I completely uninstall a program on my Macbook Pro?
- Locate the app in the Finder.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Quick Answer, is it OK to uninstall VLC Media Player? Possible problems that can arise during uninstallation of VLC media player. There could be other causes why users may not be able to uninstall VLC media player. An incomplete uninstallation of a program may cause problems, which is why thorough removal of programs is recommended.
Subsequently, how do I reinstall VLC on my Mac? Mac OS X. Download the Mac OS X package from the VLC MacOS X download page . Double-click on the icon of the package : an icon will appear on your Desktop, right beside your drive(s). Open it and drag the VLC application from the resulting window to the place where you want to install it (it should be /Applications).
You asked, how do I delete uninstall on Mac? One of the easiest ways to uninstall an app on your Mac is by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash in your Dock. Then right-click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
- Press the Command + Option + Esc keys on your keyboard.
- You will see a box for Force Quit Applications.
- Once the app is closed, open the Launchpad, hold down the Option key, and click the X icon to delete your stubborn app.
- 1 How do you delete hidden apps on Mac?
- 2 Is VLC necessary?
- 3 How do I disable VLC media player?
- 4 How do I uninstall VLC on my laptop Windows 10?
- 5 Why is VLC not working on my Mac?
- 6 Does VLC work on Mac?
- 7 Is VLC safe for Mac?
- 8 How do I uninstall a broken Mac application?
- 9 How do I uninstall preinstalled apps on my Mac?
- 10 How do I remove icons from my Mac desktop without deleting 2020?
- 11 How do I completely uninstall WhatsApp?
- To open Launchpad, click on F4 (the button that shows a grid of six squares).
- Locate the app you wish to remove.
- Press the Opton/Alt key.
- Now click on Delete to confirm you want to remove the program.
Is VLC necessary?
Even if you don’t normally watch media content using CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs on your desktop or laptop, you will need a good media player for tasks, sooner or later. And when that happens, we recommend using VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player doesn’t really need an introduction since it’s so popular.
How do I disable VLC media player?
- Click on Tools > Preferences in the top menu or use the shortcut Ctrl-P to open the preferences.
- While in the Interface section here, locate the Save recently played items option on the page.
- Uncheck the box to disable the logging of played videos.
How do I uninstall VLC on my laptop Windows 10?
Why is VLC not working on my Mac?
Solutions to Fix VLC Not Working Such kind of issues may be result from outdated VLC version or video codec incompatibility. So, try to uninstall current VLC and reinstall the latest version, or download and install additional VLC codec packs. Solution 2 to fix VLC not playing audio/VLC no sound problem.
Does VLC work on Mac?
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any Mac with a 64-bit Intel processor or an Apple Silicon chip. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Is VLC safe for Mac?
Unfortunately, due to some licensing issues, VLC player for Mac isn’t available on the App Store (although the iOS version is). … The only option that’s 100% safe is to find a VLC download for Mac on its official website: Go to videolan.org/vlc.
How do I uninstall a broken Mac application?
Open your Applications folder either by using the Finder or searching in Spotlight. Find the damaged app and delete it. Enter your Mac user password to authorize deletion, if requested.
How do I uninstall preinstalled apps on my Mac?
- Open the Applications folder by navigating to your menu bar and then selecting Go ➙ Applications or using a shortcut ⌘ + Shift + A.
- Select the app or utility you want to delete.
- Go to File ➙ Move to Trash or use a shortcut ⌘ + Delete.
How do I remove icons from my Mac desktop without deleting 2020?
- Click on the “Finder” menu and select “Preferences”
- Click on the “General” tab.
- Uncheck boxes next to hard disks, drives, ipods, etc to toggle those icons off or on on the Mac desktop.
How do I completely uninstall WhatsApp?
Uninstalling WhatsApp To uninstall WhatsApp, go to your phone’s Settings app > Apps & notifications > WhatsApp > Uninstall.