You can’t physically connect your Windows PC to your MBP so just using the monitor is not possible. You can use any of the various screen sharing solutions out there to access your PC from your Mac: TeamViewer is kind of straightforward to setup on both machines.
Also the question is, can I use my MacBook as a Windows monitor? But is it possible to use your Mac as a PC monitor? To answer the question right away – yes, it is possible to use your iMac as a PC monitor. However, you do need a compatible iMac and PC, plus a special cable/adapter. If your Mac has a Retina Display, this is not possible.
You asked, can you connect a MacBook Air to a PC? Connect your Mac to the Windows computer using a standard Ethernet cable. If your Mac doesn’t have an Ethernet port, try using a USB-to-Ethernet adapter. … On the Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server, then click Browse, or type the network address for the computer in the Server Address field.
Considering this, how do I use my Mac desktop as a monitor for PC?
- Shut down the Windows PC and iMac.
- Plug the video cable into the Mini DisplayPort connector on your PC’s video card.
- Plug the second end of the video cable into the Mini DisplayPort connector on the back of the iMac, to the left of the Ethernet port.
- Turn on the PC and iMac.
Frequent question, how do I connect my MacBook Air to a monitor via USB?
- 1 Can you convert Thunderbolt to HDMI?
- 2 Can I use my MacBook as a monitor with HDMI?
- 3 How do I connect my laptop to a Mac monitor?
- 4 How do I use my laptop as a second monitor?
- 5 Why won’t my Mac connect to my PC?
- 6 How do I connect my Mac to Windows 10?
- 7 What monitor can I use with MacBook Air?
- 8 Can I connect Windows laptop to iMac?
- 9 Can I connect my HP laptop to a Mac monitor?
- 10 Can I use my 24 inch iMac as a monitor?
- 11 How do I connect my MacBook Air to a monitor and close my laptop?
Can you convert Thunderbolt to HDMI?
This cable is a true straight-to-HDMI adapter that supports 4K video and Thunderbolt 3-equipped devices. This cable is a true straight-to-HDMI adapter that supports 4K video and Thunderbolt 3-equipped devices.
Can I use my MacBook as a monitor with HDMI?
You can’t. The HDMI port on the MacBook Pros are HDMI out, not in. In addition, MacBook Pros do not support any variety of Apple’s target display mode – they cannot be used as a screen for anything.
How do I connect my laptop to a Mac monitor?
Some older Macs have an HDMI output port while more recent models will have a Mini-DisplayPort. You can easily find Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapters to cast your MacBook screen to a monitor. Most PCs have an HDMI output port. All you have to do is connect your computer to your TV monitor with an HDMI cable.
How do I use my laptop as a second monitor?
Go to the desktop or laptop you want to use as your main device and press Windows Key+P. Select how you want the screen to be displayed. Choose “Extend” if you want your laptop to act as a true second monitor that gives you additional screen space for the productivity uses mentioned above.
Why won’t my Mac connect to my PC?
If you can’t connect Mac and Windows computers, make sure both computers are on the same network and the network connection is working. … To check your connection, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network. Your type of network connection is listed on the left. The indicator next to it should be green.
How do I connect my Mac to Windows 10?
- In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Connect to Server, then click Browse.
- Find the computer’s name in the Shared section of the Finder sidebar, then click it to connect.
- When you locate the shared computer or server, select it, then click Connect As.
What monitor can I use with MacBook Air?
- Best overall: LG 27UN850-W 27 Inch Ultrafine UHD IPS Display with VESA.
- Best alternative: HP E27d G4 QHD Advanced Docking Monitor.
- Best budget: Acer SA240Y 23.8″ Full HD IPS Ultra-Slim Edge-to-Edge Monitor.
- Best premium: LG UltraFine 5K Display.
Can I connect Windows laptop to iMac?
Step 1 Power off your Windows PC and iMac. Step 2 Plug one end of the compatible cable into the HDMI, Display Port, Thunderbolt port on your PC’s or Laptop. Step 3 Plug the other end of the cable to Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt connector on your iMac. Step 4 Power on the PC & iMac.
Can I connect my HP laptop to a Mac monitor?
You should have no problem using an HP monitor with your Apple Mac computer. However, it is likely you will need to purchase and connect a suitable adapter to convert the monitor’s input connecter to a connection compatible with your Mac.
Can I use my 24 inch iMac as a monitor?
Unfortunately, you cannot use 24-inch iMac 4.5K Retina Display as an external monitor or target monitor. This is because the Mac before 2014, have official support to add the Target Display/External Monitor, and from 2014 or later Mac, Apple lift this support.