- Take a screenshot of a specific part of the screen.
- Rename large batches of files all at once.
- Run Windows on your Apple machine.
- Add your signature to documents.
- View all special characters.
- The Mac equivalent of Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
Correspondingly, how can I make my MacBook Pro more efficient?
- Clean up system files and documents. A clean Mac is a fast Mac.
- Detect & Kill Demanding Processes.
- Speed up startup time: Manage startup programs.
- Remove unused apps.
- Run a macOS system update.
- Upgrade your RAM.
- Swap your HDD for an SSD.
- Reduce Visual Effects.
Additionally, how do I use my MacBook Pro to the fullest?
- The simplest and most common way to speed up your Mac usage is to take advantage of Spotlight. Get there by hitting Command + Space, and you can quickly find files, open apps, search the web, and make system-wide searches.
Amazingly, what cool things can you do with a MacBook Pro?
- Add to Your Reading List.
- Play Chess.
- Use preinstalled Office Software for free.
- Set Up Speech Recognition and Improve Productivity.
- Annotate and edit PDFs without Additional Software.
- Use Your Photostream as Your Wallpaper.
Also know, what should I do with my new MacBook Pro?
- Set up a backup plan for your Mac. Source: iMore.
- Sign in to iCloud.
- Sign in to the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps.
- Set up Email and Calendar.
- Set up Optimized Storage.
- Set up automatic downloads.
- Connect your printer.
- Download apps and games.
- Back up your data.
- Restart your Mac.
- Check Resource Usage.
- Check available storage space.
- Test the Hardware.
- Take Your Mac to Apple’s Genius Bar.
How do I make my Mac run like new?
- Remove apps you don’t use anymore.
- Free up hard drive space if you have an older Mac.
- Run Monolingual to delete the extra language files you don’t use.
- Buy a solid state drive.
- Close memory-hogging processes.
- The same goes for apps.
- Close unused tabs in your browser.
How can I use my Macbook Pro like a pro?
- Using Stack for an unorganized desktop.
- Record your screen.
- Use Spotlight.
- Permanently delete files.
- Do Not Disturb Shortcut.
- Turn your keyboard into a trackpad.
- Sign a document online.
How do I use my Macbook Pro 2020?
How do I get the most out of my Macbook Pro 2020?
- Quick Look.
- Force Quit Apps.
- Perform Faster App Search in Spotlight.
- Use Spotlight for Weather, Definition, Conversions, and Calculations.
- Access Emoji Keyboard.
- Show File Path in Finder.
- Keep Search Restricted to a Folder.
- Minutely Adjust the Volume and Brightness.
What can you not do with a MacBook Pro?
- USB 1.1 storage devices. A USB 1.1 storage device is the very definition of sluggish.
- Phishing operations.
- Oddly shaped optical discs.
- Submerged keyboards.
- Antiquated utility software.
- Software piracy.
- The forbidden account.
- Unsecured wireless connections.
Does Apple have a touchscreen laptop?
While some did use the touch bar, it never did take off with MacBook users, and Apple took it out of future designs in 2020. Since the intro of Apple’s touch UI, touch screen laptops have become popular in the Windows laptop world. … Still, Apple remains a hold-out on adding a touch screen to any MacBooks.
How do u right click on a MacBook?
- Click with thumb while making contact with two fingers. This is how your intrepid blogger initiates a right click.
- Click with two fingers.
- Assign the bottom-right corner.
- Assign the bottom-left corner.
- Click the trackpad while holding down the Control key.
How do I start my brand new MacBook Pro?
- Plug it in.
- Press the power button.
- Choose your country.
- Choose your keyboard.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Migrate your stuff.
- Set up iCloud.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
What can a MacBook Pro run?
- Divinity: Original Sin 2.
- Stardew Valley.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.
- Life is Strange.
- Portal 2.
- This War of Mine.
- The Witness.
How long does it take for a MacBook Pro to set up?
This setup assistant automatically starts when you install macOS or turn on a new Mac. This stuck screen that reads ‘Setting Up Your Mac’, according to Apple, “should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. If it never completes, your Mac might be unable to quit the setup assistant, even though setup is complete.”
Why is my MacBook Pro so slow to startup?
If you find your Mac is running slowly, there are a number of potential causes that you can check. Your computer’s startup disk may not have enough free disk space. To make disk space available, you can move files to another disk or an external storage device, then delete files you no longer need on the startup disk.