- Click the Apple logo on your desktop.
- Click Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe appear.
- Choose from the Recovery Mode utility options.
Also the question is, what does recovery mode do on Macbook Pro? Starting your Mac in Recovery Mode provides the tools you need to solve various problems, and is typically your last chance to repair the startup disk, reinstall macOS or restore from a backup after a fatal failure that prevents your Mac from starting up properly.
Also, will recovery mode erase everything Mac? You can start your Mac, reinstall it or recover its certain software related issues or repair disks using Mac OS Recovery utilities. … When you use Recovery Mode tools there is no chance of losing data unless you reinstalling Mac or using disk utility without backup.
Beside above, how do I use the recovery key on my Macbook Pro?
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
- Tap Recovery Key.
- Slide to turn on Recovery Key.
- Tap Use Recovery Key and enter your device passcode.
- Write down your recovery key and keep it in a safe place.
- Confirm your recovery key by entering it on the next screen.
Likewise, what is recovery mode for Mac? Apple Recovery mode is a default set of tools in your macOS created to offer you safe Mac boot options to recover your Mac from software issues. First introduced in 2011 with the release of Mac OS X Lion, the ability to boot Mac in Recovery mode greatly simplified macOS reinstallation while giving users more control.Reboot your Mac. Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R to force your Mac to boot into macOS Recovery Mode over the internet. This should boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How can I repair my Mac without losing data?
- Start up your Mac from macOS Recovery.
- Select “Reinstall macOS” from the Utilities Window and click “Continue”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select the hard drive you want to install the OS on and start the installation.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Where is the recovery key on a MacBook?
- Head over to appleid.apple.com and click “manage my Apple ID”
- Log in with your normal Apple ID username and password.
- Verify your identity using a trusted device or phone number.
- Choose “security” on the left.
- Choose “replace recovery key”
How do I login to my Mac with the recovery key?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
What if I don’t have a recovery key?
If you don’t know where your Recovery Key is, it’s time to get a new one. (The old one is invalidated.) Go to the Apple ID page, click Manage Your Apple ID, and log in, if you haven’t already. Now you can click the Password and Security item in the left navigation bar, and click Replace Lost Key.
How do I enter recovery mode?
Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the device turns on. You can use Volume Down to highlight Recovery Mode and the Power button to select it. Depending on your model, you may then have to enter your password and choose a language to enter recovery mode.
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
Hold down all of these keys: Command, Option (Alt), P and R, and turn on the Mac (it’s the same keys to reset the PRAM). Keep holding the keys down until you hear the Mac restart again. Listen for a second reboot, and then release the keys.
How do I boot my MacBook pro?
Press and hold the power button on your Mac until it shuts off. After a moment, press the power button again to start your Mac. You may lose unsaved changes in open documents.
How do I boot my MacBook Pro into recovery mode?
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
How do you reset P RAM on a Mac?
- Power off your Mac.
- Press your Mac’s power button and then hold these four keys at the same time: ⌘ + option + P + R.
- Continue holding the keys until your Mac restarts for the second time. On older Macs, the chime will sound upon restart.