- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the House icon.
- Tap Home Settings.
- Tap Software Update.
- Flip the switch off next to Install Updates Automatically if this is your first time updating your HomePod.
- Tap Install if an update is available.
You asked, how do I install HomePod?
Correspondingly, how do I update HomePod?
- Open the Home app.
- Tap on the Location icon.
- Locate the Speakers section and select Software Update.
- Pull to refresh on this page to force the HomePod to look for the update.
In this regard, how do I get HomePod on my wifi? Touch and hold the top of HomePod and say “Turn on Hey Siri.” If HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi but isn’t responding to “Hey Siri,” open the Home app. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod.
As many you asked, why did Apple discontinue HomePod? Apple on March 12, 2021, announced that it has discontinued the full-sized HomePod in order to focus its efforts on the HomePod mini. The HomePod was available to purchase from the Online Apple Store, Apple retail locations, and third-party retailers, until supplies ran out, and then Apple discontinued it.
- 1 How do I know if HomePod is updated?
- 2 How do I enable HomePod?
- 3 Where is the 8 digit code on HomePod?
- 4 How do I add a second phone to HomePod?
- 5 Did HomePod get an update?
- 6 How do I know what version of iOS is HomePod?
- 7 Can you use a HomePod without WiFi?
- 8 Is the HomePod discontinued?
- 9 How do you recalibrate HomePod?
- 10 Can you still buy a HomePod?
- 11 Can you connect more than one HomePod?
How do I know if HomePod is updated?
Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update. Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there’s a new update, select Update. Software Update will also tell you if your HomePod is already up to date, and show you the installed HomePod software.
How do I enable HomePod?
Where is the 8 digit code on HomePod?
The serial number is on the bottom of HomePod and HomePod mini.
How do I add a second phone to HomePod?
On their iPhone or iPad. Your family member, or whoever else you want to be recognized by your HomePod, must be part of your Home network. If they aren’t, go to the Home app on your device, tap the House icon at top left again, and then under the People section, tap on Invite… to send them an invitation.
Did HomePod get an update?
Apple today released a new 14.7 software update for the HomePod and the HomePod mini, which is designed to accompany the iOS 14.7 release that is now available on the iPhone. … Apple says the update also includes general performance and stability improvements.
How do I know what version of iOS is HomePod?
1) Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. 2) Tap your registered Apple ID name at the top of Settings. 3) Scroll down and tap your HomePod in the list of devices associated with your Apple ID. The serial number and version for your HomePod appear at the bottom.
Can you use a HomePod without WiFi?
From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do you recalibrate HomePod?
Reset the HomePod’s Sound Calibration This happens every time the HomePod is moved, so if you want to force a manual recalibration, simply pick up the speaker and put it down again.
Can you still buy a HomePod?
In March 2021, Apple officially discontinued the original HomePod. In the wake of the discontinuation, the HomePod mini is now the focus for Apple. This device is a smaller iteration on Apple’s in-home speaker, bringing the price down to a more affordable $99 price tag.
Can you connect more than one HomePod?
Remember, too, that while you can have any combination of HomePods and HomePod minis in a wider multi-room setup, a stereo pair need to be two of the same speaker model – you can’t have a HomePod and a HomePod mini paired together.